Monday, February 27, 2012

Cookie on the Radio on February 27th, 2012

I had a wonderful time talking about positivity on the radio show today. Lots of people were interested in my rubber band story. So, here it is for you!
There are two parts to the story.
The first part is about shifting your thoughts.
My mother has a weird fear of rubber bands. As many of us do, I took on her belief and always thought of rubberbands as bad luck. I threw them out whenever I would see one.
Sooo, when one of my life coaches wanted me to wear a rubber band around my wrist, I said, "Oh nooo! I don't touch rubber bands!"
However, I was able to shift my thoughts! After forty five years of throwing out rubber bands, I instantly dropped the thought that they were "bad" and was able to wear one around my wrist.
This is a very good example of our ability to drop our parents' beliefs and form our own!

The second part of the rubber band story is the rubber band tool itself.
Try this. Put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time you find yourself putting yourself down.
NOOO! It isn't about the pain of the snap! It is about using the band as a tool to see just how often you put yourself down. By being aware of this, you can then have more control of it and will be able to stop the negativity!!!!
Sending LUV n Magic to YOU!!!!!
Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment